31 May 2006

the world is conspiring against me

I'm leaving Wisconsin in a little more than 24 hours. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that. I miss New York, but I know I'm going to miss Wisconsin as soon as I get back. I'm pretty sure I've convinced my cousin and his awesome girlfriend to visit me later in the year, and I'm working on a couple of my friends. They're as broke as I am, but I'm very persuasive. Also, everyone wants to go to New York. I think it's hard to leave Wisconsin because there are so many people here that I sort of know and would really like to spend more time with. (I'm too sad to fix that sentence so it doesn't end with a preposition.)

Anyway, I always get all sad and nostalgic when I leave Wisconsin, and then I always feel much better within a few days of returning to New York, so this is all entirely ridiculous. I'm moving into an awesome apartment, my roommate is one of my favorite people, I have a part-time job for the summer, I'll probably find a full-time job by the time I have to start making student loan payments, and I'm going to be living in New York. Everything is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment