15 June 2006

sunkist orange soda

Now that I’ve shamed Kira into reading this, I would like to state for the record that she is lovely and talented and the best roommate a girl could have. Not only does she own many DVDs, she has a TV and DVD player on which to view them. Also, it’s way more fun walking to Fairway and the Laundromat with her than alone. Also also, remember all those possibilities that I’ve been talking about? She listens to me constantly obsess over them with nary a complaint.

In other news, I’m still waiting on news. Things look both much better and much worse, or at least much scarier, with each passing day. I’m sick of writing this lame mysterious crap, but I’m superisingly superstitious and I refuse to risk jinxing myself because I really honestly care about… whatever it is that I’m writing about.

I guess it’s probably not surprising that I’m superstitious. Ice hockey goalies are absolutely ridiculous with the rituals and the habits and the ‘must not touch the lines on the rink’ and the ‘have to hit the posts three times before the puck drops’ or the ‘must do the exact same warm-up as last time or I’ll let in six goals and everyone will hate me.’ You know, like that. Anyone who willingly stands in the way of small discs of rubber shot at very fast speeds is clearly insane.

I really miss playing hockey…

Also, Kira and I are going to ridiculous lengths to get two kittens tonight, so there’s something to look forward to. This “blog” is going to be all cats, all the time.

Obviously this “blog” is not about smooth transitions between disparate topics.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM

    aww, I feel special. Rest assured, if I had a blog, you would be lovingly described in it as well. but why the title sunkist orange soda?

    according to weatheristricky.com, we may have a window of opportunity to bike tonight. if we get done before 8, we can make them deliver the groceries and we can make the struggle up that mighty hill much easier! i swear!

    ReplyDelete