07 August 2007

update

So. I leave for Buenos Aires in less than 24 hours. Actually, I leave for Houston and a 6.5 hour layover in 24 hours, but after that, it's on to Argentina! I'm bringing my computer (obviously), so there's a chance I'll update from Buenos Aires (BA, as the cool kids say). If nothing else, I will be updating my Flickr on a regular basis.

My grandparents are selling their house. Jeb pretty much said everything I would've said. I'm really not okay with the whole thing, and I can't believe they'll have moved out by the time I get back to Wisconsin.

This is a little late, but I'm thankful that my friends and family weren't driving on 35W last Wednesday. I don't know what else to write that would be appropriate or fitting to this kind of tragedy. But really, how does a bridge just collapse? I still don't understand.

I sent in the last parts of my UWM application. The deadline isn't until September 1; I'm going to call and check that everything arrived when I'm back from Argentina, but I'm basically done. Three weeks before the deadline; this is a first for me. I really hope that they'll accept me; I think this program would be really perfect for me, and it would make this whole "moving to Milwaukee" thing a lot less frivolous.

I decided that I'm going to Prague in January. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to save enough money by then, and I bet my parents will help me pay for the plane ticket for my Christmas present.

I didn't pack as much as I wanted to, and I'm not going to have time to mail anything to my new apartment before I leave. Still, I got a lot done, stuff that I won't have to do when I get back. I was able to throw away a lot of old papers, and I packed up almost all of my books. They only filled three smallish boxes; I feel very inadequate.

But I did finish my UWM application, finally, so I guess that makes up for it. The past month has been fairly... tumultuous. I can't really believe I'll be in the Southern Hemisphere tomorrow. I get to go to Argentina for almost two weeks. I get to move to a brand new city that's within driving distance of home. My cousin is visiting me in New York before I move; one of my favorite people is coming to New York for a few days before taking the train back to Wisconsin with me. I'm pretty lucky.

Oh god, this is getting cheesy, time to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment