30 June 2008

because i know you are wondering

So here is where I am at right now.

I'm taking those two classes--Legal Issues in Library & Information Centers and an Independent Study for History. It's much harder than I expected to concentrate on school during the summer; not having to go to an actual class isn't helping.

I'm trying to turn the whole sewing thing into a real live business, rather than an excuse to buy more fabric than I can afford. Nothing happens as fast I want it too. I'm not as good at sewing as I want to be, and I have a hard time promoting myself. I've been spending more time on the forums at Etsy, trying to meet people and get involved in the community, which is humbling. There are a lot of people on Etsy who are much more talented and creative than I am.

I'm working on a website for this lovely woman. I'm fast realizing that I'm not talented enough to make the website that she wants. I'll figure something out, I guess.

I'm preparing myself for going back to Milwaukee next week. I'll start at my internship right away when I get back. I'm going to give myself a day off once I'm actually back, then I'll start the interning. I'm thinking I'll do that two or three days a week. It's hard to believe that I'll actually get to go, but apparently Amtrak has a detour route worked out.

I'm going to start looking for a new apartment when I get back to Milwaukee. Nathan's coming down in mid-July; hopefully we'll find something then. I'm really very excited about moving in with Nathan. This past month has been the longest time we've spent in the same place since we started dating, and it has been awesome.

And I think I've made it sound like everything else isn't awesome, which isn't fair. I'm a bit stressed out right now; I've over-committed myself again, and I'm not sure how I'm going to get everything done. But hey, I got a lot done today, and I will probably get more done tomorrow, and life will go on. I am stressed out, but life is awesome.

How many times can I say awesome? This is so long. I'm sorry if you're reading this on Jeb's LJ friend page, or any RSS feed I guess. I can't figure out how to separate a part of a post so that it's shorter on RSS feeds, and I'm planning to switch to Wordpress sometime soon, so I can't be bothered to figure it out on blogspot. But hey, now I'm just adding even more words, and they're not even that interesting! I am going to go watch TV and enjoy my parents' TiVo while I can. Two days until I turn 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment