18 April 2010

momentary break from the mountain of work

So, I have another 560 words to write for one paper and then 100 pages to read and 1000 or so words to write for the second paper, but I needed to take a small break to share two things.

First, I had this conversation with my mom about how the last week or so has been ridiculously busy but also shockingly low on stress. I wake up, work all day with a minimum of procrastination/panicking, then I go to sleep and do it again the next day. It took me a lot longer to say that on the phone (have I mentioned how patient my mom is when I call her and go on long, rambling, highly caffeinated rants about whatever is bothering me?), but I ended by asking her "is this how normal people feel all the time?" And that's kind of how I feel, like things have gotten easier lately, or at least easier to deal with. I don't know why that seems so significant I guess, that's just exciting to me.

Second, I had my last sewing class yesterday, and it was AMAZING. I missed two of five sessions due to funeral & family obligations, so I was way behind everyone else, but I spent yesterday making a bodice pattern block. I still need to make one adjustment, but after cutting & adjusting 4 versions, I have a bodice pattern block that actually fits me! For those of you who don't sew, that means I have a properly fitted pattern that I can now adjust to make any style of shirt or dress that I want, while still knowing that it will fit me properly. Awesome! I have a bunch of ideas for summer dresses that will now be closer to becoming reality.

Of course, none of that will happen until I get caught up on work, so probably I should get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment