19 May 2006

just shut up

The jobs-applied-for count is at 14, soon to be higher. I finished my master application for Columbia, and I'm hoping to apply for 5-10 jobs there. I think I've applied to at least 16 total jobs at NYU, some on Tuesday and some last month (I've heard nothing about any of them). Once I've finished with Columbia, I'm going to do New School University and City College. Then it's Monster.com and craiglist, and back to NYU and Columbia early next week when they post new jobs.

This whole job hunt thing has made me so boring. Jobs and resumes and cover letters and (lack of) money is all that I can talk about. I can't relax because I don't have a job. And this is a new kind of unemployment, because not finding a job means not paying rent and not eating when before it just meant less money for beer. I have to start paying rent in about two weeks, I'm probably going to start paying off my federal student loans in July, and I'll have to start paying off my private loans in October or November. My health insurance runs out in August, so I really need to find a full-time job with benefits by September.

See, that shit is boring. No one wants to listen to me obsess about money problems because everyone has money problems. No one wants to listen to me freak-out because I'm not sure what the point of it all is, because no one knows what the point is (unless you do know what the point is, in which case, please share it with me, because I'm really feeling sort of lost). No one wants to hear me whine that I'm scared of what I'll do with my degree, because seriously, how ridiculous is that?

Unfortunately though, I can't think of anything else to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment