01 September 2006

my cat's breath smells like cat food

I have a deep and abiding love for Margaret Atwood. If Russ Feingold is my imaginary boyfriend, Margaret Atwood is my imaginary... aunt? Great aunt? Whatever, I love her. Also, I don't want to shock anyone, but I'm going to let everyone in on a little secret--Italo Calvino is pretty amazing. I mean, I know I'm a little ahead of the curve on this one, maybe you haven't heard his name yet or anything, he's only been dead for a decade or so, but I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you to read If on a winter's road a traveler. There's at least a 50/50 chance you'll be glad you did.

Today, I just need to make it through work, and then at 4pm? At 4pm, work ends and the Packers game begins. I will walk to the Packers bar on Sheriden Square, I will order myself a beer, and I will watch the Packers play... whoever. I need to catch up on an entire year of football quick, because the draft for my fantasy football league is... sometime this weekend. Someone tell me who to draft, please. I'm tired of losing! This is my year to win the trophy!

My aunt will be here in two weeks, and then after that, it's only another six weeks or so until I go to Montreal, and then another three weeks before I go home for Thanksgiving. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment