23 October 2006

disgusting

New York is really trying its hardest to get rid of me. Last night, I tried not to scream like a pathetic girl as a rat ran down the subway platform, getting within six inches of me. Disgusting. Then, as I was walking from the subway station to my apartment, I had traveled not even half a block when a rat ran from a pile of trash on the curb to the disgusting little alley between two buildings, almost tripping me. Then! I got back to my apartment safely, managing not to actually step on any diseased rats on the way, which was great, but as I was checking my email and getting ready for bed, a loud horrible noise scared the crap out of my cats and startled me. But guess what garbagemen? You can collect the garbage in the middle of the night, make as much noise as you want, you can't wake me up! I have to work the night shift, so I'm never in bed by 1am anymore! New York: 2, Marina: 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment