01 August 2007

nostalgia

Yesterday was my going-away luncheon at work. Everyone seemed genuinely sad that I was leaving. People outside of work seem sad that I'm leaving too; this is all very strange to me. Leaving New York feels sort of like leaving SCC, leaving home, but this time I'm actually sad.

ambivalent marketing

This is from a shoe store in the financial district. I want to go back to this store next time I'm in the city; eventually the scaffolding will be gone, and I'll be able to get a clear shot.

I can't believe that a month from now, I won't live in the city anymore. To those of you who live in the city, I'm warning you now--there's a better than average chance that I'll spontaneously start crying between now and the end of the month. Try not to get freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment