04 February 2008

time flies

...when you're wasting your life.

It was raining when I woke up this morning, which derailed my only plan for the day, i.e. do laundry as soon as I woke up. It eventually stopped raining, sort of, so I walked to the laundromat (Soapie's, awesome name, almost as good as Miss Bubble's on Amsterdam back in Harlem) and did a load of laundry. I mostly washed my t-shirts and the one pair of pants I wear all the time now (um, I should really go shopping). I did my laundry in pink tights and a black skirt and my job-interview sweater, because I dress nicer and nicer as it gets closer and closer to laundry day. Because I am a scrub.

Oh, someone is cranky! I just cannot believe that it's 8 o'clock at night and the only things I've accomplished today are doing a load of laundry and reading about 40 pages of words about history. Also, I watched some News Radio and made stir-fry. And... that is it. UGH. I need to go write a novel or clean my room or something.

1 comment:

  1. don't be so hard on yourself. going outside to do laundry is way more effort than I can even remember doing.

    and buy jeans! i bought myself a pair of jeans last week, because I realized that all of mine are stained and ripped, and while you can't really tell, because they're jeans, I wanted my first new pair in oh, three years. and after much searching, i found lovely jeans and they make me happy.

    ReplyDelete