30 March 2008

buy buy buy



Hey, look what else I made. I made it a few weeks ago for a craft fair I did at a Catholic church; it was surprisingly not popular at all.

I've made rosaries a few different times, but this is the first time I've used linen cord. Each decade is separated by a knot; I'm not sure that's clear in this photo. I'm a big fan of knotting; I want to do some research on the technique. I know it's a traditional method of making pearl necklaces, but I wonder how else it's been used throughout history. I really want to do research on folk arts and crafting techniques and maybe write about it. That's more of a long-term project rather than something I have time for right now, though.

Anyway. The rosary is listed at my etsy shop, if you're looking for a gift for your Catholic friend. I've spent the last hour editing photos and creating listings and generally trying to create some type of order to this whole "craft business" thing, and now it is time for dinner and then homework and getting organized with the whole "grad school" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment