19 April 2009

grey

journal cover
I made this journal cover last week. I'm relatively pleased with how it turned out, though I'm going to adjust my pattern a bit when I make my next one. I'd like to make a few to sell at craft fairs this summer. Which means I should really actually fill out & submit applications for some craft fairs. Anyway. This one turned out well for a first try, and I'm kind of psyched that I figured out the basic pattern entirely on my own.









new bag!I made the bag last night. The fabric is Anna Maria Horner & some brown Kona cotton. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm finalizing my pattern for this bag--I say pattern like I have an actual physical pattern that I'm updating, when really I just sort of remember all the measurements that I used and will probably use the same ones next time. I think I might actually list it on Etsy, though probably not today. It's very gray and gross out, and I don't know that I'll be able to take any good photos of it. This one was taken last night with a flash, which is why it looks like shit. The bag is nice though.


There's not a whole lot going on besides that. This day feels a bit off. I've been cleaning, just to feel like I'm doing something. The beans I started yesterday finally finished cooking, I think. I took them out of the slow cooker at least. The recipe I used was meant to prepare dried beans to be used in place of canned beans, so I guess they're probably at that point? I'll make something with them and see how it goes, I guess. I made some more lentils using a recipe from a cookbook my mom bought for me. 400 recipes using three & four ingredients. She bought it at Costco; probably it's available other places too. It's pretty okay so far. The recipe that I used is supposedly dhal, but since it uses almost no seasoning and no ghee, I think that's a bit of a stretch. Still, it's a good lentil recipe, and I'm figuring out how to season it.

Oh god, this is boring! "I made lentils today, they were okay." I'm sorry! Next time, I'll try to have a recipe or at least a good photo or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment