04 August 2009

success!!!

I just closed my Bank of America credit card. You remember, the card that I had for three years when suddenly they raised my interest rate from 9.9% to 24.9%? Yeah, that one. My favorite part was when he asked why I was closing it--oh, I gave him an earful--and my second favorite part was when he was like "well, I see it's at 18.9% right now" and I was like "well, yes, but my two other cards* are at 9.9% and oh, also, I don't really want to wait around and see how long it takes you to suddenly raise my rate again." And that was when he said, "Okay, ma'am, it'll be closed within 24 hours."

Oh, today is starting out well. And I finished my first quilt last night! I hand sewed the quilt binding, and it looks awesome. No time for photos now, but there will be one tonight, I swear. I work until 4, and then I'm sewing all night. Fuck yeah!

*Yes, I know, I shouldn't have that many cards; I'm working on it.

2 comments:

  1. was that the NYU one? i will forever be suspicious of anything even remotely related to our alma mater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, surprise surprise.

    ReplyDelete