09 August 2009

sunday stash

So this is a new thing that I'm doing.

striking

I have a ridiculous amount of fabric, so much that I have decided that I really cannot justify buying anything new for at least six months. Exceptions would be for anything I buy with profits from selling handmade things or anything that I absolutely need for a project that I'm either giving away or selling. That seems strict when I read it, but last time I organized the pile in the corner of my craft room (I really need to buy some storage containers & shelves), I found fabric I didn't remember buying with the price tags still on. Most of my fabric was either purchased on sale or at thrift stores, so it's really honestly not entirely a money issue--it's more of an "early warning signs of a [fabric] shopping addiction" issue.

Okay, anyway, the point is, I cannot buy anymore fabric for awhile, so instead I will start photographing everything so that I'll have a better idea of what I have. And a bunch of my favorite craft/sewing bloggers participate in this Sunday Stash thing, so I decided to join that and have a reason to post something every Sunday. Fun, probably!

3 comments:

  1. this is a great way to keep track of what you have. my problem, however, is that i've been collecting fabric for so many years that the addiction is really set in and i'd need to go to a help group. do they have those for fabriholics?
    these prints are really cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY range of stash! Do you know the name of these, which range they came from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the nice comments! i can't believe i didn't think to include the names, but i added them to the flickr photo. and sue, if being addicted to fabric is wrong, i don't want to be right. um, as long as i still have money to pay bills and room to walk into my sewing room and such. :)

    ReplyDelete