21 November 2009

and breathe

I am a lucky person. I'm referring to Monkey, of course. Kidding! Obviously spam, but it looks so cool! Spam is allowed in my comments section, as long as it's written in something that's not the Latin alphabet. Thai, perhaps, or Cyrillic.

Grey + yellow

I quilted this yesterday. I was worried about bringing this to Craftacular next week; I thought I wouldn't be able to part with it, as I am very into the grey/yellow thing. After quilting it though, I am considering paying someone to take it off my hands. I have a new-found understanding of why people pay other people to quilt their quilts. This one is a lap quilt, probably 60x60" or so; I think I will stick to baby quilts for awhile, at least until I get better at quilting. Oh, and spray baste is more trouble than it's worth, I think. I'm going back to safety pins.

What else? Nothing, I guess. School is exhausting in ways that are either boring or not appropriate for sharing in a public forum. Which sounds very mysterious, but really it's just that it's not a good idea to talk about work on the internet. And honestly, nothing is going on in my life except school and sewing. I wanted to go out last night, but I didn't finish sewing until 12:30am. It's probably better that I didn't go out, really, because I am broke. Again! Being a grad student is just awesome.

I should stop here, so I can get back to sewing. One week exactly until Craftacular. I'm preparing myself to sell nothing, but there is a tiny but real possibility that people might actually like my style, so I'm going to sew as much as I can before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment