29 March 2010

happy?

I woke up an hour late this morning, or an hour later than I intended. My first class is at 1pm, so waking up at 9am instead of 8 doesn't actually matter that much. Unless I have a paper to finish or a class to prep for, I guess, but I didn't today, so this is all irrelevant. What was I talking about?

Yes, okay, this morning--I woke up, did some dishes, had some coffee, and then instead of wasting time on the internet or something, I actually used my sewing machine. I pieced part of a green and black quilt that I started cutting out in... November? I'm pretty excited about it, partially because polka dots are involved but mostly because it occurred to me that it could be perfect for a certain World's Most Adorable Three Year Old, if I can find a good green & black print with cars, frogs, or octopuses. Or something like that. Possibly it will be a very weird baby quilt, as I'm planning to do some improvisational piecing, but whatever, I'll bind it with some of that satin blanket binding and he'll love it.

Anyway, the point! There is a point to all of this--today was pretty great. I woke up and sewed, school went fine, it was sunny and brisk, and I was happy to be alive.

Oh wow, I kind of want to punch myself in the face right now! "It was sunny, I love life," VOMIT. I'm turning into such a dirty hippy weirdo. Or something, I don't even know. I don't care though! I don't care. Today was lovely, and I am happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment