08 June 2006

working for the man


cows
Originally uploaded by marinatina.
To your right, you see an example of what I left behind in Wisconsin. I think those cows might have been somewhere they weren't supposed to be, but I am clearly a horrible person, because I stopped to take a picture of them standing in the front yard, with no fence between them and the road, and then I just drove away. They didn't look like they were going anywhere.

I applied for four or five jobs today. One of them is an administrative assistant position with a flexible schedule and health benefits, which sounds like exactly the job that I want. I tried to convey that in my cover letter, so hopefully I'll hear from them. I'm a little scared; I'm actually starting to enjoy applying for jobs. That just doesn't seem normal.

Also, I have not had a cigarette since Sunday. I decided that for financial reasons, I had to give up either cigarettes or beer until I'm gainfully employed, and it will be a cold day in hell before I give up beer.

I have a meeting with my favorite professor in the world next Monday. Ostensibly the meeting is about getting advice from her on finding research assistant jobs and getting into a doctoral program, but secretly I'm hoping that she'll ask me to be her research assistant. Her book comes out in the fall, and I'm so excited to read it.

I've decided to prepare for the tour guide certification test by reading all of my New York guide books cover to cover. Feel free to tell me any random NYC facts you know. If they end up being on the test, I'll buy you a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment