21 July 2006

lost diskettes

I don't like that I'm not only the newest person at work but also the youngest. People have two different reasons (impetii, if you will) to be condescending towards me. It doesn't bother me as much as it normally would since everyone at work is smarter than me--in a sense I can handle condescension when it's deserved--but occasionaly people go past thinking I'm young and inexperienced to thinking I'm young and completely stupid and entirely lacking in any sort of life experience. It's times like that when I'm glad I only work 2 hours on Friday. I think I'm going to home tonight (after working 12 hours, yay) and watch Office Space before I pass out from sheer exhaustion (see: today's 12 hour work day and the 38 hours worked between Monday and Thursday).

In other news, I'll be working much, much less in August than I did in July. This means that I will not have as much money, but I will have time to fly home for about a week. I'll also have time to do about 237 things I've been meaning to do all summer, including cleaning my room, finding a dresser, and getting a pedicure. Oh, and buying a bike helmet, finally. I should really ride my bike at least once before winter sets in.

I'm sorry this is so boring. I feel like I'm on the verge of having something interesting to say, but I feel like that a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment