03 August 2006

"baby-faced kids with adult-sized rap sheets"

I was right; I do know a lot more about my employment situation tonight than I did last night when I wrote that totally crap entry. However, I am a lot more pessimistic about my situation than I was 24 hours ago. I suppose it's bad form to talk about things like this on the internets, so I'll try to be at least a little circumspect.

(See, I use words like "circumspect" in casual conversation! That should at least get me a job with health insurance! Come on!)

(Oh god, what if I used "circumspect" incorrectly?!? How embarrassing!)

Basically, I don't have as many options as I thought I did, and I’m even more unsure about what I want to do with myself for the next year or two. Well, I have general ideas of what I’d like to be doing next September, what I’d like to be doing during the 2008 election, and what I’d like to do after Election Night, but I’m so unsure how to get there.

God, blah blah blah, I’ve said the same thing at least six hundred times. Maybe not here, but I’ve forced most of my friends and family, and really anyone who crosses my path, to listen to me talk about this incessantly for the past three weeks (I think there’s a split infinitive in there somewhere), and I’m just sick of it. I won’t know anything else concrete until next Monday, and I think I’m at my breaking point. Not like last weekend when I my nerves were at my breaking point; now I’m just sick of thinking about this all the time, sick of letting myself obsess over this instead of working on all the things that I complain I don’t have enough time to work on because I’m working all the time.

I am the queen of excessively long sentences.

From now on, I will spend less time worrying about work and more time researching and making jewelry and reading and watching movies and writing and cleaning and doing all of the other things that really matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment