26 June 2010

blue + white

oud delftware Look, it's Delftware! (Delft ware?) I found it at a thrift store on Thursday. I didn't know what it was, but it said Made in Holland and it was blue and white, so I bought it. After a bit of research, I identified the bottom marking as Oud Delft, which is apparently good but not the best? I don't know. I don't really collect delftware or any other pottery, so this is all very new to me. It's not in great shape (bottom is chipped, interior is sort of cracked and stained) which means I will not feel bad at all about keeping it instead of trying to resell it. I really want to start a vintage resale shop (on Etsy or as a standalone site), but it so far it is very hard to part with the pretty things that I find. And also I don't actually know enough about glassware or pottery or anything like that to be able to properly identify whether something is vintage and/or valuable, so there's that too.

Anyway. I am settling into summer, which is nice. I'm mostly caught up on school, I've done a bit of thrifting, and I'm hanging out with Kira tonight and tomorrow! Exciting stuff, dudes. I hope you're doing well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment